When making a choice on a brand new kitchen or undergoing a kitchen remodeling, it’s important to know which kitchen is right for you. Not every design that looks good in a catalogue may necessarily match your home or style. Here are a few tips to help you make an informed decision.
- Take time with your kitchen.Test and retest all the possible permutations to find the kitchen style that suits your home and also reflects your personality. Don’t just pick the most attractive looking kitchen out of a catalogue or worse yet, copy a friend’s kitchen design.
- Never accept second best. The kitchen is the most lived-in part of the home, but also the most risky, prone to clumsiness and common accidents. So never accept second best. You need a safe environment for you and your family, and also one which will last. When you are designing it, remember that you will spend a large part of your day there.
- Avoid beautiful but impossible kitchen designs. Never choose an attractive kitchen that does not suit the space you have. We would all love to have massive, Hollywood-style kitchens, with large islands or peninsulas for family dinners, but we need to focus on ergonomics and functionality and use the space we have as best we can. Choose comfortable and functional units and avoid creating narrow spaces.
- Do not underestimate small spaces. There are numerous solutions for making the most of the space you have. Kitchens for small spaces must be attractive but functional. You can choose between the various modular kitchens with internal equipment and accessories so that you can easily optimise the space available.
- Trust your instinct. Choose your own kitchen design.Advice is always welcome, but the choice is yours. Your mother wants a classic kitchen, your sister-in-law prefers a super-modern and sterile one, but you? Accept advice but remember that the great thing about designing a modular kitchen is that it is made to measure. It is a garment tailored to your need for space and the use you make of it. You can choose between a thousand different combinations. So be bold, think about what you like and choose the kitchen design that suits you best.
At The Platinum House we work with several international kitchen manufacturing companies that offer a range of designs. Our team of professional designers will consult with you, hear your ideas and help you pick the most apt kitchen for your home and budget. So drop us a line at email@example.com and let’s talk ‘Kitchens’.